Sunday, August 20, 2006

Algona-August 19th

Saturday, August 19, 2006
Algona Raceway

The curse seems to be lifted....

I started and finished 3rd in the heat race. I started 7th in the feature. I got shuffled to about 12th or 13th after the first few laps. I made my way through the pack and finished 4th.

Friday, August 11th
Britt, IA

I started and finished 5th in the heat race. I started 20th in the feature and finished 5th.

Twenty-six USRA Hobby Stocks were ready to show the fans what they were made of on Friday night at the Britt speedplant. Randy Hadacek was out to a quick lead by with just two laps complete, he was off the pace with a flat tire. That opened the door for the #56h of Brandon Hare. After the first caution of the race, drivers were 3-wide on the front stretch causing some contact. Hare was able to keep himself clean and start the drivers on a single-file restart. Gary Lalor gave cause for the fans to stand as he battled Hare to the finish line. The #56h took the checked as Lalor came in a close second. Josh Hohensee of Pocahontas, Iowa, made a good run in his #68 from his 20th starting position to pick up a fifth place finish.


Saturday, August 12th
Algona Raceway

I started 6th in the heat race and finished 3rd. I started 11th in the feature and finished 10th.

No comments: