Monday, April 12, 2010

Algona-April 3, 2010


First night of racing in Algona for the 2010 season. I started on the pole for the heat race and ended up finishing a respectable second.

I had a good draw to start the feature in the third position. After the second lap I had taken the lead. I was fortunate enough to be able to hold the line on the bottom and not allow any cars to get around. I held off the pack til the checkered flags flew gaining my first victory in the IMCA Stockcar class.
Picture above is from victory lane. My number one fan is holding the trophy.

Stock Cars - Feature Top 10
1 Josh Hohensee Pocahontas , Ia
2 Chad Palmer Renwick , Ia
3 David Smith Lake City, Ia
4 Kevin Opheim Mason City, Ia
5 Calvin Lange Humboldt , Ia
6 Travis Shipman Mason City, Ia
7 Chris Palsrok Sibley , Ia
8 Mitch Dowhower Sioux City, Ia
9 David Wickman Emmetsburg , Ia
10 Chris Evenson Algona , Ia
Interview on Track Side Live Radio Show with Chad Meyer on Chad's blog at:

1 comment:

maria dierenfeldt said...

congrats on the win!! you musta been so happy!! was happy to watch it!