Sunday, September 27, 2009

Boone-- Saturday

On Thursday, the guys and I decided to come home. The wives and girlfriends were happy and I was just as happy to see my two favorite gals too! We all hopped back in the suburban Saturday morning heading for Boone for the last time. I started the big show in 12th position. We started three cars wide and ten rows deep. The first couple laps I tried to be patient but still trying to go towards the front. About lap 8, I had gotten to the bottom where my car was fast all week and got caught up in a wreck! The car had enough damage where we were sent to the trailer for the evening. I wasn't upset, just disappointed because I knew we had a good car. Just to make the show was so much bigger than I ever hoped or imagined! I was so proud of all the guys for getting me there, for the love and support of Heather and Paige, and the fans who came to watch me race. It was an awesome experience that I will always remember and to make it into the big show as a rookie was huge!

1 comment:

Maria Dierenfeldt said...

you did have agreat season!! you definaely cannot complain!!! and good job and making it to the A main!! look how many people did NOT so that was an accomplishment in itself!! congrats rookie!